One of my favorite topics to share is preschool science activities. Young kids are such enthusiastic learners! One way I like to introduce science concepts is by reading books together. I compiled a list of 10 preschool science books for read-alouds last year and here are a couple more you can add to the list (contains affiliate links):
- Are You a Ladybug? Backyard Books by Judy Allen and Tudor Humphries: I just love these Backyard Book series. We own and have read most of them!
- The Big Dipper by Franklyn M. Branley: A nice book to introduce stars and the concept of constellations.
- Air is All Around You by Franklyn M. Branley: You can’t see it or smell it but we can’t live without it—air! Another great science concept book by Franklyn Branley.
- A Tree is a Plant by Clyde Robert Bulla: Does your child realize that a tree is a plant? This book covers what a tree needs to grow and discusses the tree’s life cycle through the seasons.
- Big Tracks, Little Tracks Following Animal Prints by Millicent E. Selsam: Be a nature detective and figure out which animal made these tracks! Learn how to identify tracks made by lots of different animals, from a dog to a seagull.
Today I’m giving one reader all those books listed above plus: A Wild Animals Toob — we love to use these Toobs for hands on science activities and pretend play. Sometimes I make sensory boxes with the plastic toys, or other times I let my kids decide how they want to use them. You can use them for sorting, classifying, identification games and more. Here’s how we use the fish-themed Toob: All About Fish. A $5 gift certificate to one of my favorite online homeschool sites– CurrClick! They have downloadable curriculum and online classes- so there are many ways to use your certificate! Wondering how CurrClick’s online classes work? Check out a recent review I did: CurrClick Online Classes.
great work….my baby will adore it
I have a 3yr old would love this
Kim Soko says
Great giveaway! We love the Let’s-Read-And-Find-Out books and don’t have any of the ones in the basket! Yay! Plus my daughter loves those small animals! 🙂
love all the books! this is great!
michelle h says
what a generous give-away!
Thank you for sharing. This is great. Blessings
Excitement is what works for me. This is my second year and I’m excited to get ahead of myself and be prepared.
My 3 year old would LOVE this!
I would appreciate this kit.
Found you through Tina’s Dynamic Homeschool page – I look forward to reading your blog!
What a fun giveaway! Thanks for putting this together. 🙂